Did you know Triangle Kappa Delta has an official Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram? Following us on social media is a great way to stay up to date with our events. So head over to your various sites and give us a follow. We would love to interact with our fellow Kappa Deltas! AOT
Over the weekend we gathered at Doyle’s Vineyard to enjoy some wine and great company! Doyle’s Vineyard is located a few miles from Southpoint Mall featuring some local wine. It was a beautiful day to get to catch up with Kappa Deltas in the Triangle and welcome new ladies to the area.
It’s time for the big election….Triangle KD officer elections! Below are the duties of each open office- please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in running for an office!
- Serve as contact for the AC to national Kappa Delta, on the Kappa Delta Website and to alumnae in the community
- Get organized and enlist other members of your AC to help
- With the other members of the board, set goals for your AC
- Recruit the appointed officers your AC needs
- Meet with the new board to plan events for the year – dates, places, and programs
- Make sure all officers understand their duties; Encourage them to talk with their predecessors and to record the activities pertaining to their offices during the year
- Conduct regular board and membership meetings
- Stay in close contact with the officers during the year to lend support and see that their duties are being carried out
- Report on time to the NVP-A and complete other reports as requested by National Headquarters and other national officers. Distribute reporting duties to other officers, as necessary
- Collect dues
- Manage the chapter funds and budget
- Work with the philanthropy chair and VP-PR to plan and budget events and process reimbursements
- Survey members to determine the type of programs/events they would like
- Plan a variety of programs/events for the year that appeal to members of all ages
- Create calendar of events and submit to members as soon as possible. This includes keeping the Google calendar up to date.
- Work with the philanthropy chair and VP-PR to plan events and publicity
- Send out e-vites/PaperlessPost as needed for events – send out 3-4 weeks in advance
VP – Membership Chair
- Plan the membership recruitment campaign with the help of board members or a committee
- Contact potential and inactive members; act as their first contact for the organization if needed
- Compile a directory of members to be given to every member of the AC
VP – Public Relations
- Work with the VP-Programming and philanthropy chair to develop and implement effective publicity tactics for your alumnae chapter activities
- Work with the membership chair to develop ways to promote the AC among local alumnae
- Use the Kappa Delta Website, Facebook, Twitter, and KD Connect to advertise AC events
- Send information to The Angelos as requested by the editor at KDnews@kappadelta.org
- Report as requested to National Kappa Delta
VP-Administration / Secretary
- Take minutes at board meetings and member events and keep a record of attendance
- Send minutes to the board within one week of the board meeting
- Update/correct minutes, as requested by board members
- Handle correspondence as requested by the president
- Maintain the list of email addresses in Gmail and PaperlessPost
- Forward emails received in the gmail account to the appropriate board members
- Assist president with reports
We hope you can join us for our 2016 Shamrock BBQ and Easter Egg Hunt!
Can’t make it? Want to come and also give a little extra? Click the button below to donate!
It’s that’s time of year again! Raise money for Prevent Child Abuse America and the Durham Center for Child and Family Health while supporting the UNC KD chapter and getting in a work-out.
The Beta Chi chapter will hold their annual Shamrock ‘n’ Run this Saturday, Feb 20th at 9am. You can sign up for the 5K here and learn more about their event at unc.kappadelta.org. You can also purchase a t-shirt or make a donation via those websites. If you are interested in attending this event with other alumnae, please contact Rebecca Pollet at email@example.com. She will be walking/slowly running the course and would love to meet up before or after the race!
Beta Chi also holds a Go Green dinner the night before the race. Dinner will be served from 5-7pm on Friday, Feb 19th at the KD house on Franklin St (219 E Franklin Street
Chapel Hill). Tickets are $5 and are available at the door Friday night. Feel free to stop by and grab a great dinner or contact Rebecca (firstname.lastname@example.org) to organize a meeting with other Kappa Delta alumnae that night!
Hope to see you there!
The new year is a great time to get involved in the Triangle KD alumnae chapter. The Exec Board met last week to discuss several fun social and philanthropic events for 2016 starting off with a Happy Hour in Raleigh on January 21st. Check out the membership page for information about joining our AC or e-mail us at email@example.com. 2015 was a great year and we are excited for all that 2016 has in store!!!
Just as in collegiate chapters, here in the alumnae chapter we have the joy of welcoming new alumnae members into our circle every year. We do this throughout the year as KDs move to the area but a particularly exciting time of year is when we gain new members because they have completed their undergraduate degrees. If you are a new Kappa Delta alumnae, congratulations and we hope to see you soon! Join our alumnae chapter using the instructions on the membership page of this website or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get more information about our chapter. We look forward to meeting you!